Student in music, University Wisconsin, 1922. Student, Mission House College and Seminary, Plymouth, Wisconsin, 1925. AM, University Iowa, 1937.
Doctor of Philosophy, University Iowa, 1942. Engaged in research and study, Kentucky, New Mexico, California, Mexico, 1935. Engaged in research and study (Rockefeller fellowship in research and creative writing), 1936.
- Instructor dramatic literature Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota, 1937. Research among American religious and folk groups, 1938-1940. Associate director and professor School Religion University Iowa, 1942-1995.
- Final Cut: Dreams and Disaster in the Making of Heaven's Gate
- Originally published by Cape in 1985 and now available in paperback, a study of Hollywood which looks at the movie industry through a detailed examination of the making of HEAVEN'S GATE, a financially disastrous film, with discussion of budgets and management decisions, co-ordination of production, and the difficulties of producing a movie.
- The Wonderful Magic of Living
- Dust jacket notes: "That all men can come to the discovery of the magic of life - a subtle magic of the usually overlooked things - is the basic theme of this book by America's leading authority on contemporary religious trends.
- The Wonderful Magic of Living- An Imaginative Book Combining the Unseen with the Seen and the Phenomenal with Reality [An Exlcusive Pre-publication Edition Prepared Especially for S.H. Mitchell, December 25, 1967] Marcus Bach
- That all men can come to the discovery of the magic of life, a subtle magic of the usually overlooked things- is the basic theme of this book by America's leading authority on contemporary religious trends.
- Strange Altars: The Inside Story Of Voodoo As Practiced On The Island Of Haiti
- Based On The Author's Personal Investigation And Built Around The Life Of A Strange American, Stanley Reser, Only White Man To Be Entrusted With The Secrets Of The Primitive Faith.
Born December 15, 1906
1938 - 1940
1942 - 1995
- show more ...