Bachelor of Arts Utah, 1930. Doctor of Letters, University Utah, 1968. AM, University Iowa, 1932.
Doctor of Philosophy, University Iowa, 1935. Postgrad., University California, 1933. Doctor of Humane Letters, University California, 1969.
Doctor of Letters, Utah State University, 1972. Doctor of Laws, University Saskatchewan, 1973. Doctor of Humane Letters, Santa Clara University, 1979.
Doctor of Letters, University Wisconsin, 1986. Doctor of Letters, Montana State University, 1987.
- Instructor English Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois, 1933-1934, University Utah, 1934-1937, University Wisconsin, 1937-1939. Briggs Copeland instructor Harvard, 1939-1945. Professor English Stanford, 1945-1971, Reynolds professor humanities, 1969-1971.
- The uneasy chair;: A biography of Bernard DeVoto
- "He was precocious, alert, intelligent, brash, challenging, irreverent, literary, self-conscious, insecure, often ostentatiously crude, sometimes insufferable," Wallace Stegner says of Bernard DeVoto, who, in the words of a childhood acquaintance, was also "the ugliest, most disagreeable boy you ever saw.
- American Places (Penguin Classics)
- "This book is an attempt, by sampling, to say something about how the American people and the American land have interacted, how they have shaped one another; what patterns of life, with what chances of continuity, have arisen out of the confrontations between an unformed society and a virgin continent.
- Where the Bluebird Sings to the Lemonade Springs: Living and Writing in the West (Modern Library Classics)
- Nominated for a National Book Critics Circle award, Where the Bluebird Sings to the Lemonade Springs gathers together Wallace Stegner’s most important and memorable writings on the American West: its landscapes, diverse history, and shifting identity; its beauty, fragility, and power.
- Sound of Mountain Water
- The essays, memoirs, letters, and speeches in this volume were written over a period of twenty-five years, a time in which the West witnessed rapid changes to its cultural and natural heritage, and Wallace Stegner emerged as an important conservationist and novelist.
Born February 18, 1909
1933 - 1934
1934 - 1937
1937 - 1939
1939 - 1945
- show more ...