William Edward Wilson, American author. Recipient award of merit American Association State and Local History, 1964, Indiana Authors Day awards, 1959, 65, 67, award Southeastern Theatre Association, 1962; Guggenheim fellow, 1946. Member overseers committee to visit English department Harvard University, 1954-1958. Served to lieutenant Commander United States Naval Reserve, 1942-1946.
Teacher San German (Puerto Rico) High School, 1927. Reporter Evansville Press, 1927-1928, New Bedford (Massachusetts) Standard, 1928-1929. Instructor English Brown University, 1930-1933.
Chairman English department Rhode Island School of Design, 1933-1942. Associate editor Evening Sun, Baltimore, 1947-1948. Professor English University Colorado.
Director Writers' Conference in Rocky Mountains, 1948-1950. Professor English Indiana University, 1950-1967, James A. Work professor English, 1967-1973, professor emeritus, 1973-1988. Fulbright lecturer Aix-Marseille University, Grenoble University, Nice Cours d'Eté, France, 1956-1957.
- Pioneer History of Indiana: Including Stories, Incidents, and Customs of the Early Settlers (Classic Reprint)
- Excerpt from Pioneer History of Indiana: Including Stories, Incidents, and Customs of the Early Settlers In this volume many of the early happenings that occurred during the settling of Indiana are given for the first time and if this opportunity were not improved, a large amount of interesting history of our state would be lost.
- Raiders: A Novel (Highliners)
- Twenty years after his greenhorn days in William McCloskey’s bestselling novel Highliners, Hank Crawford stands tall as a respected fishing captain in Kodiak, Alaska.
- The Angel and the Serpent: The Story of New Harmony (Midland Books)
- "The Angel and the Serpent is a book which combines scholarship and literary grace, and which recreates for us both the world of the Rappites and the Owenites.
- Communicating With Strangers: An Approach to Intercultural Communication
- This successful intercultural communication text provides a comprehensive overview of important theory and research in intercultural communication.
Born February 12, 1906
1927 - 1928
1928 - 1929
1930 - 1933
1933 - 1942
1947 - 1948
1948 - 1950
- show more ...