Director Pinkney St. Artists Alliance, Boston, 1940-1941. Assistant to producer March of Time newsreel, 1941-1942. Assistant director films Office of War Information, 1942-1943.
Editor films Office of Coordinator Inter-American Affairs, 1943-1945. Art editor Time magazine, 1945-1960. Professor emeritus program Hampshire College, 1977.
- Sight and Insight
- Alexander Eliot, distinguished critic and art historian, breaks through to the silent world of masterpieces and makes them live anew in the eye of the imagination.
- [(The Universal Myths: Heroes, Gods, Tricksters and Others)] [Author: Alexander Eliot] published on (December, 1994)
- A comprehensive presentation of the great themes and images of the myths of cultures around the globe and the significance of myth in the history of religion
- Global AIDS: Myths & Facts
- AIDS is the most devastating communicable disease in history, and structures of poverty and injustice are magnifying the crisis in underresourced countries.
- Three Hundred Years of American Painting. With an introduction by John Walker.
- Profusely illustrated in glossy rich full color, with 3 double pages of chronology, this is an excellent survey of American Painting from its earliest days.
Born April 28, 1919
1940 - 1941
1941 - 1942
1942 - 1943
1943 - 1945
1945 - 1960