Further courses in Strasbourg, 1905, and in Zurich, 1906-1907. Lecturer in Strasbourg, 1913. Head of Warsaw University’s Faculty of Physiological Chemistry from 1916.
Founder and director of the Laboratory for Biochemistry of the ANSSSR, 1943-1949. Among several works, wrote on muscular contraction, and gave an analysis of glycolysis, 1935. Member of the German Leopoldina Academy.
Honorary doctor of the Sorbonne, and of Athens University.
Born January 28, 1884