Taught at Moscow University from 1889. In 1894, worked under V. Meyer in Heidelberg. Professor of the Moscow Collective Courses, 1898, then the Higher Women’s Courses, 1898.
Taught at the 2nd Moscow University, 1918, then at the Moscow Institute of Chemical Technology from 1930. Director of the Moscow Practical Academy. Professor of chemistry at the A. L. Shaniavskii People’s University, 1901-1919.
Wrote many works on chemistry — Neorganicheskaia Khimiia (26 reprints from 1903) and Organicheskaia.