Vissarion Yakovlevich SHEBALIN
SHEBALIN, Vissarion was born on June 11, 1902 in Omsk.
- Studied at the Omsk Music School, 1920-1923, pupil of M. Nevitov. Graduated with distinction, 1928. Pupil of N. Miaskovskii.
1923-1929 taught at Stasov, Rimsky-Korsakov and October Revol Technicums in Moscow. 1928-1932 lecturer, 1932-1935 associate professor, from 1935 professor, 1942-1948 director, Moscow Conservatory. 1948-1951 senior lecturer, from 1949 head of a chair, Institute of Military Conductors.
From 1958 member, Org Committee, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic Composers’ Union. From 1959 bd member, USSR Composers’ Union. And deputy chairman, Moscow Branch, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic Composers' Union.
Member, Association of Modern Music and Russian Association of Proletarian Musicians. 1948 accused in All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks) Central Committee resolution of “formalism” and “anti-democratic trends” in his music. 1959 this accusation was quashed by a further Communist Party of the Soviet Union Central Committee resolution.
Deputy, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic Supreme Soviet of 1947 convocation.
|last changed||24/07/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Family description
- Membership description
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile