Maksim Dmitriyevich Shostakovich
SHOSTAKOVICH, Maksim was born in 1938 in Leningrad. Son of the late Dmitriy Shostakovich.
- Central Music School, Moscow Conservatory. Conducting under Rabinovich, Gauk, Rozhdestvensky.
Assistant Conductor, Moscow Symphony Orchestra. Conductor, Government Academic Symphony Orchestra. Piano debut age 19 in father’s Second Piano Concerto.
Principal Conductor and Artistic Director USSR Radio and TV Symphony Orchestra, touring Western Europe, Japan, United States of America 1971-1981. Requested and granted political asylum in United States of America while on tour with USSR Radio and TV Symphony Orchestra, Nuremberg April 1981. Conducted National Symphony Orchestra, Capitol steps, Washington, D.C., United States of America May 1981.
Principal Guest Conductor Hong Kong Philharmonic since 1982. Musical Adviser Hartford Symphony Orchestra, Connecticut. Conducted premiere of father’s 15th Symphony and.
father: Dmitriy Shostakovich
|last changed||20/07/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- pianist and conductor
- Family description
- Membership description
- the late Dmitriy Shostakovich
- Dmitriy Shostakovich
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile