Intern, St. Jan Hospital, Zaandam, 1959. Resident in surgery Onze Lieve Vrouwe-Gasthuis, Amsterdam, 1963. Practice medicine specializing in plastic surgery, University Hospital, Utrecht, 1964-1968.
Consultant plastic surgeon Regional Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands, since 1968.
Served to 1st lieutenant Medical Corps, Royal Netherlands Airforce, 1957-1959. Member Royal Netherlands Society for Medicine, Netherlands Association Medical Specialists (central board 1975-1983), European Union Medical Specialists (central board 1980-1984, president monospecialist section for plastic surgery since 1983), Netherlands Association for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, American Society Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Netherlands Association for Jaw Surgery and Mouth Diseases, Netherlands Association for Hand Surgery, Netherlands Association Medical Specialists. Club: Great or Orangist (Zutphen, Netherlands).