Educated Wesley College, Melbourne, Queen's College. Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science, University Melbourne, Australia, 1937, Doctor of Medicine, 1940. Tutor in surgery, University Sheffield, 1946-1948.
Lecturer surgery University Aberdeen, 1948-1952. Professor surgery University Otago, New Zealand, 1953-1955. Professor surgery University Edinburgh, 1957-1977, emeritus, since 1977.
Surgeon Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, 1957-1977. Former director Nuffield Transplantation Surgery Unit, Edinburgh. Foreign associate Academy de Chirurgie, France, 1964.
Served as Captain, Australian Army Medical Corps, Malaya 1940-1946. Tutor in Surgery, University of Sheffield 1946-1948. Lecturer in Surgery, University of Aberdeen 1948-1952.
Professor, of Surgery, University of Otago, New Zealand 1953-1956. Professor, of Surgery. University of Edinburgh 1957-1977, Emeritus since 1977.
Surgeon, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary 1957-1977. Former Director Nuffield Transplantation Surgery Unit, Edinburgh. Foreign Association, Academy, de Chirurgie (France) 1964.
Honorary; Fellow, American College, of Surgeons 1975, Royal College, of Physicians, Edinburgh 1981.
Author: (with A. Dean Smith) Deficiency Diseases in Japanese Prison Camps, 1951. Transplantation of Tissues and Organs, 1960. On Science and Surgery, 1976.
|last changed||18/05/2017||view changes|
- First Name
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
- General Info
- Author: (with A. Dean Smith) Deficiency Diseases in Japanese Prison Camps, 1951. Transplantation of Tissues and Organs, 1960. On Science and Surgery, 1976. F.R.C.S., 1947
The Interaction of Cancer and Host, 1980. (with Hedley Berry) Surgery for Dental Students, 4th edition, 1984, Cellular Variation and Adaptation in Cancer, 1990. Contributor articles to professional journals.
- Works description
- Deficiency Diseases in Japanese Prison Camps, 1951. Transplantation of Tissues and Organs, 1960. On Science and Surgery, 1976.F.R.C.S., 1947
Margaret Ada Cooper
Hazel Gwenyth Ashby
the late Professor Harold Addison Woodruff
- Margaret Ada Cooper
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- School and college years description
- College/University Description
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile