Began practice at Boston. Moved to Chicago, 1907. Member Coolidge and Hodgdon 1914-1930.
Firm architects of McKinlock Court, The Art Institute of Chicago Chicago, Swift Hall, Joseph Bond Chapel, Wieboldt Hall and Medical school and Hospital of University of Chicago, Social Science Building, Bobs Roberts Memorial Hospital, 1st Presbyterian Church, Clinton, Iowa, Fountain St. Baptist Church, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Tenth Church of Christ, Scientist, Chicago Second Church of Christ, Scientist, Kalamazoo, Michigan, Temple Sholem, restoration of Old Main, Knox College, as a nat. monument. 6 buildings for St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, branch libraries for City Chicago, many other churches and college buildings, amd buildings for Great Lakes Naval Training Station, United States Navy. Member firm Charles Hodgdon & Son, since 1930.