With Cope & Stewardson, architects, Philadelphia, 1907-1912, James P. Jamieson, 1912-1918. Junior partner Jamieson & Spearl, architects, St. Louis, Missouri, 1920-1932, senior partner since 1932. Consulting architect, United States Army Corps of Engineers on Upper Mississippi Valley Division for architectural design of dams between St. Louis and St. Paul.
Consultant architect Special Division United States Army Corps of Engineers for 3rd Locks Project, Panama Canal. Architect for Washington University, St. Louis, University of Missouri, Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri, and other colleges. Numerous laboratories, hospitals and industrial buildings.
Vice president and former Chairman of the Board, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra. Director McMillan Hospital, Oscar Johnson Institute. Fellow American Institute of Architects.
Past president Missouri State Association of Architects, past president St. Louis chapter, American Institute of Architects, Sigma Xi.