Assistant physics department, Wesleyan University, Connecticut, 1912-1913. Laboratory assistant General Electric Company, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, 1913-1914. Instructor physics and electricity, Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy, 1914-1917, successively assistant professor physics and electricity, assistant professor electrical engineering, associate professor, until 1925, professor electrical engineering and head of department, 1925-1948, electrical consultant from 1948.
Entered United States Army at Fort Riley, Kansas, May 17, 1917. Commissioned First lieutenant ordnance, August 1917. Captain October 1918.
Commanding officer 306 Mobile Ordnance Repair Shop, attached to 81st Division, overseas. Honorary discharge June 1919.