Teacher Boston public schools, 1935-1941, evening division Northeastern University, 1938-1941. Chief job analyst and wage administrator Boston Port Embarkation, 1942-1949. Free-lance writer, 1949-1963.
Teacher Franklin Institute, Boston, 1963-1964, State College, Boston, 1964-1996.
- The Day the Rabbi Resigned (The Rabbi Small Mysteries)
- Crime-solving Rabbi Small retires from the synagogue only to find himself hard at work on a beguiling murder case After three decades of dealing with temple politics and getting involved with more than a handful of murder investigations, Rabbi David Small is ready to retire from his synagogue in the cozy Boston suburb of Barnard’s Crossing.
- Someday the Rabbi Will Leave
- Rabbi Small is back -- full of the same wit and wisdom, persistence and chutzpah that has put him on bestseller lists every day of the week! This time around, Rabbi Small faces one of the toughest cases of his career: political corruption, definitely non-kosher, brewed with a dash of dirty campaign tricks, blackmail, and a possible murder.
- Saturday The Rabbi Went Hungry
- The answer to the prayers of mystery fans everywhere? A Rabbi Small mystery?full of the wit and wisdom, persistence and chuzpah that put the Rabbi on bestseller lists every day of the week! Ever since he made his debut in FRIDAY THE RABBI SLEPT LATE, the adventures of Rabbi Small have been hailed by critics and fans.
- One Fine Day the Rabbi Bought a Cross (The Rabbi Small Mysteries)
- Rabbi Small is drawn into a deadly conflict between religious extremists in this riveting mystery Retired millionaire Barney Berkowitz, from the small Massachusetts town of Barnard’s Crossing, invites Rabbi David Small to come to Israel and bar mitzvah him, as Berkowitz never went through the ceremony in his youth.
Born November 24, 1908
1935 - 1941
1938 - 1941
1942 - 1949
1949 - 1963
1963 - 1964
1964 - 1996