Party affiliation: Democrat
Editor Curtis Public Company, Philadelphia, 1959—1961, Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore, 1966—1968. Editor, writer Library. Congress, Washington, 1968—1976, United States Information Agency, 1976—1990.
Editor-in-chief Anne Carson Associates, since 1990.
- Olga Rudge & Ezra Pound: "What Thou Lovest Well . . ."
- A loving and admiring companion for half a century to literary titan Ezra Pound, concert violinist Olga Rudge was the muse who inspired the poet to complete his epic poem, The Cantos, and the mother of his only daughter, Mary.
- Caresse Crosby: From Black Sun to Roccasinibalda
- Caresse Crosby is probably one of the least recognizable of all the names remembered from literary and artistic circles on 1920s Paris, yet her life touched the most promising and gifted artists of a generation.
- Risks and Rewards: A Memoir
- Julia Montgomery Walsh has lived a full and fascinating life, always ahead of her times.
1959 - 1961
1966 - 1968
1976 - 1990