Academy assistant to director Sheffield City (England) Art Galleries, 1972-1973. Gallery director University South Dakota, Vermillion, 1973-1974, Washington University, St. Louis, 1974-1977. Chief curator Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, 1977-1983.
Director Sainsbury Center for Visual Arts, Norwich, England, 1983-1984. Chief curator San Francisco Museum Modern Art, 1984-1989. Director Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, 1989-1996, Los Angeles County Museum Art, 1996-1999, Detroit Institute Arts, since 1999.
Member Federal Advisory Committee on International Exhibitions, 1991-1994.
- A Quiet Revolution
- "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
- Reg Parnell: The Quiet Man Who Helped to Engineer Britain's Post-War Motor Racing Revolution
- A biography of Reg Parnell who, as both a driver and a team manager, had a considerable influence on post-war British motorsport until his premature death in 1964.
- The European Experience of Declining Fertility, 1850-1970: The Quiet Revolution (Studies in Social Discontinuity)
- The reversal of population trends in Europe at the end of the 19th century has been seen as resulting directly from urbanization and industrialization.
- Jim Dine - Five Themes
- Contributions by Robert Creeley, Jim Dine and Martin Friedman.
1972 - 1973
1973 - 1974
1974 - 1977
1977 - 1983
1983 - 1984
1984 - 1989
1989 - 1996
1996 - 1999
- show more ...