Roberta Jeanne Marie Olson, American art historian, educator, curator, writer. Fellow: The Morgan Library.; member: Association Art Museum Curator (Best Collection Catalogue prize 2008), Renaissance Society of America, Art Table, College Art Association, Italian Art Society, Drawing Society, Association University Professors Italian, Phi Beta Kappa (president Kappa chapter 1980-1982).
Preceptor Princeton University, 1972-1974. Contributing editor Arts Magazine, New York City, 1973-1975. Art news editor The Soho Weekly News, 1976-1978.
From assistant professor to associate professor Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts, 1975-1988, professor, 1988-2000, chairman art department, 1987-1989, 92-93, 97-98, A. Howard Meneely chair, 1990—1992, Mary L. Heuser faculty chair arts, 1997—2000. Curator New York History Society, New York City, since 1999. Consultant Smithsonian Institution, Washington, 1984—1986.
Board directors The Drawing Society, New York City, 1989—1994, The Friends of Art. Board advisers Halley's Comet Society, since 1986. Member collections committee drawing and print department Metropolitan Museum Art, since 1993.
College committee drawing department Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, since 1997. Member visiting committee Paper Conservation, Metropolitan Museum Art, 2004—2008. Presenter in field; curator, guest-curator art exhibitions in various museum.
- Fire in the Sky: Comets and Meteors, the Decisive Centuries, in British Art and Science
- Fire in the Sky collects many representations of comets and meteors in Britain during the eighteen and nineteenth century when a large number of works inspired by these celestial objects were produced.
- The Florentine Tondo
- Roberta Olson explores an important phenomenon in Italian Renaissance art: the fifteenth- and early sixteenth-century flowering of the tondo (or circular) form in painting and sculpture.
- Seat of Empire (2002)
- This catalogue was produced in conjunction with the exhibition Seat of Empire,held at the New-York Historical Society from October 8, 2002 to January 12, 2003.
- Italian Renaissance Sculpture (World of Art)
- The sculptors of the Italian Renaissance transformed their Classical and regional heritage.
Fellow: The Morgan Library. Member: Association Art Museum Curator (Best Collection Catalogue prize 2008), Renaissance Society of America, Art Table, College Art Association, Italian Art Society, Drawing Society, Association University Professors Italian, Phi Beta Kappa (president Kappa chapter 1980-1982).
1972 - 1974
1973 - 1975
1975 - 1988
1976 - 1978
1990 - 1992
- show more ...