Party affiliation: Democrat
Rebecca Lynne Thomas, American librarian, writer. Recipient Mary Karrer award College Education Ohio State University, Columbus, 1989, Distinguished Service award Shaker Heights Teachers Association, 2002. Member American Library Association (1994 Caldecott Committee 1993-1994, Putnam Grossett award committee 1994-1998), Shaker Heights Teachers Association (executive board since 1990, president since 2005), Delta Kappa Gamma, Beta Phi Museum.
Library. Shaker Heights (Ohio) City Schools, since 1976. Consultant, writer R.R. Bowker, New Providence, New Jersey, since 1988. Adjunct faculty Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, Ohio, since 1990.
Visiting assistant professor Kent state University, 1977-1986.
- Popular Series Fiction for Middle School and Teen Readers: A Reading and Selection Guide (Children's and Young Adult Literature Reference)
- What book follows Philip Reeve's Larklight? How many titles are in Jennifer Holm's Boston Jane series? Which fantasy series are suitable for grades 6 through 9? Are there good series featuring computers? These are just some of the questions that challenge middle and high school librarians as the popularity of series fiction continues to grow.
- Popular Series Fiction for Middle School and Teen Readers: A Reading and Selection Guide, 3rd Edition (Children's and Young Adult Literature Reference)
- A valuable resource for collection development, reader guidance, or classroom reading, this book is your guide for helping tween and teen students find all the volumes in a series they love and identify similar series to enjoy.
- Popular Series Fiction for K-6 Readers: A Reading and Selection Guide, 3rd Edition (Children's and Young Adult Literature Reference)
- Ideal for youth librarians at public libraries, school librarians, and elementary school teachers, this book enables you to direct young readers toward series titles that will help establish a lifelong love of reading.
- Connecting Cultures: A Guide to Multicultural Literature for Children
- A comprehensive guide to multicultural literature for children, this valuable resource features more than 1,600 titles—including fiction, folktales, poetry, and song books—that focus on diverse cultural groups.