Assistant director O.K. Harris Works Art, New York City, 1969-1976. Associate curator permanent collection Whitney Museum American Art, 1976-1987. Part-time instructor School Continuing Education New York University, 1975-1977, 84-86.
Associate director art and exhibitions, curator modern art Seattle Art Museum, 1987—1996. Deputy director education and research support Museum Modern Art, New York City, 1996—2001. Director Montclair Art Museum, New Jersey, since 2001.
Member advisory boards, panels the Fabric Workshop, Philadelphia, Studio in a School Association, New York City, Robert Lehman College Art Gallery, New York City, Santa Fe Chamber Museum Festival., New Mexico, Seattle, Laumier Sculpture Park, St. Louis, National Education Association Museum Implementation Panel, Washington. Lecturer in field.
- 1983 Biennial Exhibition: Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Installations, Film, Video
- 1983 Biennial Exhibition occurred [fourth floor] March 15 - May 22, [second floor] March 24 - May 29, [film programs, second floor film/video gallery] March 24 - May 29, and [lower gallery and sculpture court] March 15 -May 22.
- Bigger, Better, More: The Art of Viola Frey (Hardback) - Common
- At times, photographer, painter, sculptor but always a ceramicist, Viola Frey was a particularly innovative artist who found inspiration in everyday objects and materials.
- Bigger, Better More:The Art of Viola Frey
- At times, photographer, painter, sculptor but always a ceramicist Viola Frey was a particularly innovative artist who found inspiration in everyday objects and materials.
- Bigger, Better, More: The Art of Viola Frey
- At times a painter, sculptor, and photographer but always a ceramicist, Viola Frey found inspiration in flea-market castoffs and curiosities.
Born November 17, 1947
1969 - 1976
1975 - 1977
1976 - 1987
1987 - 1996
1996 - 2001
- show more ...