Reporter, later columnist, drama reviewer Sioux Falls (South Dakota) Press, 1927-1928. Publicity director South Dakota Democratic Central Committee, 1928. Reporter Daily Argus-Leader, 1929, telegraph editor, 1932-1933.
Also teacher journalism Sioux Falls College. Joined staff Chicago Tribune, 1934. As reporter, becoming special feature writer magazine section, later editor Grafic magazine, Sunday editor, associate Sunday editor, associate editor, 1975-1977.
Chief Executive Officer Chicago American newspaper, 1961-1969. Public, editor Chicago Today, 1969-1974, president.
- Give the Lady What She Wants!: ... The Story of Marshall Field & Company,
- Publisher: RAND McNally and Company Date of Publication: 1952 Binding: hard cover Edition: First Edition Condition: Very Good/No Jacket Description: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall Signed By the Chairman of the Board Copyright date is 1952, A NOTE HAND WRITTEN AND SIGNED BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF MARSHALL FIELDS AND CO.
- Lords of the Levee: The Story of Bathhouse John and Hinky Dink
- In the early twentieth century, John Coughlin and Mike Kenna ruled Chicago's First Ward, the lucrative lakefront territory and nerve center of the city.
- Big Bill of Chicago
- Winner of 2006 Illinois State Historical Society Book Award-Certificate of Excellence To some he was a humanitarian and builder.
- Dogs: A Historical Journey: The Human/Dog Connection Through the Centuries
- Examines the roles of both men & dogs in the constantly evolving tapestry of civilization.
Born March 16, 1908
1927 - 1928
1932 - 1933
1961 - 1969
1969 - 1974
- show more ...