Party affiliation: Democrat
Elizabeth Stevenson, Panamanian, American author, educator. Guggenheim fellow, 1950-1951, 58-59; grantee Rockefeller Foundation, 1958-1959, American Council Learned Societies, 1975; recipient Faculty Research Fund award Emory University, 1960s, 70s, summer stipend National Endowment of the Humanities, 1974. Member Authors Guild, Phi Beta Kappa.
With war time agencies United States Government, Atlanta, 1942-1947. Order assistant Atlanta Public Library, 1948-1956. Assistant to college dean Emory University, Atlanta, 1960-1974.
From research associate to Candler professor Graduate Institute Liberal Arts, Emory University, 1974-1987.
- Henry Adams: A biography
- His great grandfather and his grandfather had been presidents of the United States, and to a small boy this seemed a matter of course in his family.
- Babbitts and Bohemians: From the Great War to the Great Depression
- Babbitts and Bohemians is a fresh and informed account of the 1920s, a decade that seems almost mythical to some.
- Figures in a Western Landscape: Men and Women of the Northern Rockies (Creating the North American Landscape)
- The northern Rocky Mountains and adjacent high plains were the last American West.
- The Crooked Corridor - A Study Of Henry James
- A literary study of the novelist Henry James.
1942 - 1947
1948 - 1956
1960 - 1974
1974 - 1987