Teacher Virginia Museum Fine Arts, Richmond, 1977—1981. Professor Washington & Lee University, 1981—1982. Curator Virginia History Society, Richmond, since 1991, Va.Mus.
Fine Arts, Richmond, 1982—1991. Curator Virginia History Society, Richmond, Virginia, since 1991.
- George Washington: The Man behind the Myths
- TWO HUNDRED YEARS after Henry "Lighthorse Harry" Lee's funeral oration for George Washington, the eloquence of his words "first in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen" has caused most Americans to forget the clause that followed in which Lee located Washington's character firmly in his private life.
- Lost Virginia: Vanished Architecture of the Old Dominion
- Illustrated here are handsome mansions, imposing courthouses, towering churches, giant flour mills, extravagant hotels, wooden grist mills, covered bridges, and humble cottages and outbuildings -- more than 300 structures lost to fire or demolition.
- Never Call Retreat: Lee and Grant: The Final Victory: A Novel of the Civil War (Gettysburg)
- The New York Times bestselling authors of Gettysburg continue their inventive series with this remarkable answer to the great "what-if" of the American Civil War: After his great victories at Gettysburg and Union Mills, General Robert E.
- Pocahontas- Her Life and Legend (Published for an Exhibition at the Virginia Historical Society, Ric
- She was born into a culture that had some knowledge of Europeans, and after settling on the outskirts of the territory controlled by her father, she was apparently drawn to these particular strangers.
Born February 23, 1946
1977 - 1981
1981 - 1982
1982 - 1991