- Writer-producer Columbia Broadcasting System-television News, since 1959. Newspaper columnist Tribune Company Syndicate, since 1979.
- Sweet and Sour
- A selection of Rooney's newspaper essays from the last three years, 130 pieces in all, offers observations on such things as politicians, perfume, the post office, birthdays, doctors, and body-building.
- Common Nonsense
- "Andy Rooney's Sunday evening observations on 60 Minutes are an American institution, shaping the way people see everything from coffee percolators to the state of the nation.
- And More by Andy Rooney
- This collection of essays is almost 30 years old, but the late AndyRooney is still right on about the state of the world both as it is and as it was.
- Not That You Asked...
- Andy Rooney's syndicated newspaper columns and cantankerous "60 Minutes" essays have made him one of the best known curmudgeons in America.
Born January 14, 1919