Managing editor, sports, art, and book columnist Cleveland Town Tidings, 1931-1933. Member editorial staff Newsweek magazine, 1933-1936. Associate editor, literature editor Cue magazine, 1936-1947.
Co-editor New York Times Books of the Times, 1942-1966. Lecturer literature subjects, 1940-1954. Fiction reviewer Yale Review, 1943-1949.
- Lords of Italy;: Portraits from the Middle Ages
- Portraits of some of the most colorful and flamboyant figures - kings, popes and tyrants - of medieval Italy.
- The Five Dollar Gold Piece; the Development of a Point of View
- Dust jacket design by Hollis Holland.
- In My Opinion: An Inquiry into the Contemporary Novel (Essay index reprint series)
- Book by Prescott, Orville
Born September 8, 1906
1931 - 1933
1933 - 1936
1936 - 1947
1940 - 1954
1942 - 1966
1943 - 1949