Research fellow NMAA Smithsonian Institute, Washington, 1976-1977. Curator American art Museum Art & Archeological, University Missouri, Columbia, 1977-1979. Registrar Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York City, 1979-1983.
Exhibition program director American Federation Arts, 1983-1989. Director Long Beach (California) Museum of Art, since 1989. Juror Museum Art, Science & Industry, Bridgeport, Connecticut, 1988, Clark County District Library., Las Vegas, Nevada, 1984.
Speaker American Association Museum Annual Conference, Detroit, 1985, Western Museum Conference, Portland, Oregon, 1987, Grantmakers in Art Symposium, New York City, 1986, Western Museum Conference, Salt Lake City, 1985. Advisory committee American Psychological Association, Association Science and Technology Centers. Panelist Aid to Special Exhibitions, National Education Association, Washington, 1986.
Participant American Legal Association, American Bar Association Conference, San Francisco, 1986. Observer, respondent Museum Symposium, National Education Association, Dallas, 1985.
- Painting with Fire: Masters of Enameling in America, 1930-1980
- Painting with Fire: Masters of Enameling in America, 1930 - 1980 traces the development of enameling in the United States during a richly productive period in its history.
- Conjunction: Melba and Al Langman Collection
- Pamphlet illustrating part of the modern and contemporary ceramics of the Melba and Al Langman collection exhibited at the Long Beach Museum of Art.
- Sounding the Depths: 150 Years of American Seascape (AFA exhibition)
- 150 years of American seascape
- Author: Sounding the Depths: 150 Years of American Seascape, 1989, New Visions: Selina Trieff, 1997, Bountiful Harvest: American Decorative Arts from the Gail-Oxford Collection, 1997, For a New Nation: American Decorative Arts from the Gail-Oxford Collection, 1998, In Ye Grandest Manner and After Ye Newest Fashion, 2000, Conjunction: The Melba and Al Langman Collection, 2000, Tulips, Pomegranates and Kings: Delftware from the Collection of Benjamin F. Edwards III, 2000, Imps on a Bridge: Wedgwood Fairyland and Other Lustres, 2001, The Enamels of Annemarie Davidson, 2004, For the People: American Folk Art From the Collection of Thomas H. Oxford and Victor Gail, 2004, Engaging Nature: Contemporary Baskets From the Collection of Lloyd and Margit Cotsen, 2005, Crossing Boundries: The Ceramic Sculpture of Mineo Mizuno, 2005, Greene & Greene in Long Beach, 2005, Painting with Fire: Masters of Enameling in America 1930-1980, 2005.
Born May 14, 1947
1976 - 1977
1977 - 1979
1979 - 1983
1983 - 1989