Free-lance writer, since 1940. Researcher Columbia Broadcasting System Radio, writer, 1940—1944. Talent scout NBC Radio, 1945—1946, researcher, writer various magazines, 1940—1951.
Executive editor Travel Guides, Simon Schuster, 1973—1974.
- REMARKABLE VOYAGES OF CAPTAIN COOK
- With her brilliant economy of style, Blumberg tells of the three major voyages of Captain Cook that brought our understanding of the globe into focus and introduced Europeans to the cultures of such exotic places as Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand, and Australia.
- The Incredible Journey of Lewis and Clark
- A lively, gritty account of Lewis and Clark's incredible journey west across uncharted North America -- a two-and-a-half year odyssey filled with danger, disappointment, and discovery.
- The Great American Gold Rush
- Describes the emigration of people from the East Coast of the United States and from foreign countries to California to pursue the dream of discovering gold.
- The First Travel Guide to the Bottom of the Sea
- Describes an imaginary voyage of the submarine Sea Dragon to the ocean bottom, where many strange sea creatures are observed in their natural environment.
Born December 14, 1917