Art columnist, associate editor District of Columbia Gazette, Washington, 1970-1973. Contributing editor Washingtonian magazine, 1971-1973. Freelance art columnist Washington Post/Washington Star, 1971-1974.
Editor Women's Work magazine, Washington, 1974-1975. Executive editor Architecture magazine, 1975-1990, editor-at-large, 1990-1991. Freelance art and architecture Smithsonian magazine, 1980-1992.
Editor-at-large History Preservation magazine, 1991-1997. Contributing editor Landscape Architecture, 1996-1999, Architectural Record, since 1997.
- Rural Studio: Samuel Mockbee and an Architecture of Decency
- For almost ten years, Samuel Mockbee, a recent MacArthur Grant recipient, and his architecture students at Auburn University have been designing and building striking houses and community buildings for impoverished residents of Alabama's Hale County.
- Rural Studio Samuel Mockbee & an Architecture of Decency [PB,2002]
- Rural Studio: Samuel Mockbee and an Architecture of Decency by Andrea Oppenheimer Dean.
- Rural Studio: Samuel Mockbee and an Architecture of Decency by Andrea Oppenheimer Dean [Princeton Architectural Press, 2002] [Paperback] (Paperback)
- Rural Studio: Samuel Mockbee and an Architecture of Decency by Andrea Oppenhe.
- Proceed and Be Bold: Rural Studio After Samuel Mockbee
- "Everyone, rich or poor, deserves a shelter for the soul.
1971 - 1973
1971 - 1974
1974 - 1975
1975 - 1990
1980 - 1992
1990 - 1991
1991 - 1997
- show more ...