Researcher Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Bologna, 1978-1980. Assistant professor University Bologna, 1980-1986. Professor Technology University of Turin, Italy, since 1986, director department structural engineering Italy, 1989-1995, founding member, director postgraduate School Structural Engineering Italy, since 1990.
Vice president National Research Institute of Metrology, since 2006. Visiting professor Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 1982-1983, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1996, Tongji University, Shanghai, 1996, Malaysia Institute of Technology, Johor Bahru, 1997. Honorary professor Nanjing (China) Architectural and Civil Engineering Institute, 1996, Albert Schweitzer University, Geneva, 2000.
Secretary Reunion Internationale des Laboratoires et Experts des Materiaux 89FMT Committee on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete, 1986-1991. Chairman ESIS Technology Committee 9 on Concrete Structures, 1991-1999. Invited lecturer in field.
- Structural Mechanics: A unified approach
- This book presents a complete and unified treatment of the fundamental themes of structural mechanics, ranging from the traditional to the most advanced topics, covering mechanics of linear elastic solids, theory of beam systems, and phenomena of structural failure.
- Mechanical damage and crack growth in concrete: Plastic collapse to brittle fracture (Engineering Applications of Fracture Mechanics)
- Following Volumes III and IV that dealt with the fracture mechanics of concrete emphasizing both material testing and structural application in general, it was felt that specimen size and loading rate effects for concrete require further attention.
- Computational Fracture Mechanics in Concrete Technology (Advances in Fracture Mechanics Volume 3)
- This book is based on a collection of contributions by leading researchers in the field of concrete technology.
- Minimum Reinforcement in Concrete Members, Volume 24 (European Structural Integrity Society)
- The ESIS-Technical Committee 9 on Concrete was established in 1990 and has met seven times.
Fellow: American Society of Civil Engineers, Academy of Sciences Turin, International Congress on Fracture (president since 2009), International Association of Fracture Mechanics for Concrete and Concrete Structures 2004-2007, Italian Group Fracture 1998—2005, European Structural Integrity Society 2002-2006. Member: American Association for the Advancement of Science, Academy Teatina per Science, Institute Lombardo Science and Letters, International Union Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, American Academy Mechanics, New York Academy of Sciences, Academy Santa Teodora, Reunion Internationale des Laboratoires d'Essals et de Recherches sur les Materlaux et les Constrn, European Mechanics Society.
1978 - 1980
1980 - 1986
- show more ...