Logan, George was born on September 9, 1753 in Germantown, Pennsylvania, United States. Son of William and Hannah (Emlen) Logan.
- Graduated from the University Edinburgh, 1779.
Member Pennsylvania Assembly, 1785-1788. Member American Philosophical Society, 1793. A founder Philadelphia Society for Promotion Agriculture.
Went on successful unofcl. mission to France, secured removal of French embargo on American shipping, 1798 (resulted in passage of Logan Act of 1799 making it unlawful for any citizen to intervene in any dispute with a foreign government). Member United States Senate from Pennsylvania, 1801-1807. Went to England as private citizen in unsuccessful attempt to prevent war, 1810.
- Married Deborah Norris, September 6, 1781, 3 children.
father: William Logan
mother: Hannah (Emlen) Logan
spouse: Deborah Norris
|last changed||20/06/2017||view changes|
- Other Names
- Spelling variants for First Name
- Spelling variants for Last/Family/Name
- Middle Name
Hannah (Emlen) Logan
- Hannah (Emlen) Logan
- Religious beliefs
- Views and World outlook
- Party affiliation description
- Favorite Sports & Clubs
- Favorite Athletes
- Ethnicity details
- Favorite Political Figures
- Favorite Philosophers & Thinkers
- Favorite Music & Bands
- Favorite writers
- Favorite Artists
- Other interests
- Quotes from others about the person
- Physical Characteristics
up Edit Profile