Party affiliation: Democrat
- Founding partner Lesser & Ogden Associates, Berkeley, 1977-1981. Founding editor Threepenny Review, since 1980. Bellagio resident Rockefeller Foundation, Italy, 1984.
- Room for Doubt
- Room for Doubt is Wendy Lesser’s account of three separate but interlocking occasions for doubt: her stay in Berlin, a city she had never expected to visit; her unwritten book on the philosopher David Hume; and her long friendship with the writer Leonard Michaels, which constantly broke down and yet endured.
- A Director Calls: Stephen Daldry and the Theater
- In June 1993, as Wendy Lesser sat in an audience of London's Olivier Theatre waiting to see An Inspector Calls, she knew nothing about Stephen Daldry, the director of the play.
- The Genius of Language: Fifteen Writers Reflect on Their Mother Tongue
- Fifteen outstanding writers answered editor Wendy Lesser’s call for original essays on the subject of language–the one they grew up with, and the English in which they write.
- Nothing Remains the Same: Rereading and Remembering
- Wendy Lesser’s new book is an inspired intellectual romp: part memoir, part criticism, though actually a bracing, larkish reinvention of them both” (Lawrence Weschler).
Born March 20, 1952
1977 - 1981