Staff announcer radio station WLOK, Lima, Ohio, 1939, program director, 1939-1940. Staff announcer radio station WWJ, Detroit, 1940-1942, NBC, Chicago, 1943-1954. Co-host 20/20 ABC News, 1978-1999.
Special consultant United Nations on refugee problems Middle East, 1961-1964. Consultant Center for Study Democratic Institutions. Chairman board Raylin Productions, Inc., since 1960.
- Greater Phoenix: The Desert in Bloom (Urban Tapestry Series)
- "Hugh Downs, coanchor of ABC's 20/20 and author of the introduction to Greater Phoenix: The Desert in Bloom, writes that his chosen hometown is somewhat misunderstood: "Outsiders think that Phoenix is a dusty and hot backwater, a cowboy town that clings to its Wild West heritage.
- Letter to a Great Grandson: A Message of Love, Advice, and Hopes for the Future
- "When you are a great-grandfather, you will experience something so much more powerful and meaningful than being a father or a grandfather that you will look at the march of generations with new eyes.
- Pure gold: A lifetime of love and marriage
- Book by Downs, Hugh
Born February 14, 1921
1940 - 1942
1943 - 1954
1978 - 1999
- show more ...