- Free-lance writer, to 1970. Member staff Time magazine, New York City, since 1970, now senior writer. Lecturer on art.
- Nothing If Not Critical: Selected Essays on Art and Artists
- From Holbein to Hockney, from Norman Rockwell to Pablo Picasso, from sixteenth-century Rome to 1980s SoHo, Robert Hughes looks with love, loathing, warmth, wit and authority at a wide range of art and artists, good, bad, past and present.
- American Visions : The Epic History of Art in America
- by Robert Hughes Lavishly illustrated and packed with biographies, anecdotes, astute and stimulating critical commentary, and sharp social history, this book was published in association with an eight-part PBS television series.
- American Visions: The Epic History of Art in America
- Writing with both authority and wit that has distinguished Robert Hughes' art criticism for Time magazine, in American Visions he addresses art with a wider lens on the history of art in America.
- Morris & Co.: Designs and Patterns- Art Gallery of South Australia
- In this new approach to offering design resource material, both the authentic work from the museum and the copy-right-free art are on facing pages so the original colors and lines can be studied.
Born July 28, 1938