Joan Davenport Carris, Spanish writer. Certified teacher in English, French, and speech. Recipient Reader's Choice award State of Indiana, 1986, Tennessee, 1986, Iowa, 1985. Member Children's Book Guild Washington District of Columbia (president 1992-1993), National League American Pen Women (president Princeton branch 1980-1983), Society Children's Book Writers.
Classroom teacher Iowa Public Schools, 1960-1965. Private practice as writer, journalist, author, since 1976. Tutor, educational consultant, since 1966.
Instructor Ti-Indiana Educational Network, San Antonio. New Jersey Council on Children's Literature: Authors and Illustrators Annual Symposiums, 1986-1995. Instructor SAT-PSAT preparation, 1988-1990.
Appeared on national radio and television shows for interviews about education, test preparation, and children's literature.
- Panic Plan for the SAT: Prepare for the New SAT in Just 3 Weeks (Arco Panic Plan for the SAT)
- A two-week crash course for students preparing for the Scholastic Assessment Test provides a series of questions from actual exams, along with helpful tips, test-taking techniques, and tips on how to successfully complete the verbal and mathematics portio Title: ARCO Panic Plan for the Sat Author: Carris, Joan (EDT)/ Crystal, Michael R.
- 30 Wonderful Word Family Games: Quick & Easy Games With Reproducibles That Reinforce the Word Families That Are Key to Reading Success (Word Family (Scholastic))
- Quick and Easy Games With Reproducibles That Reinforce the Word Families That Are Key to Kids' Reading Success Keep kids' interest high as they strengthen reading skills with this terrific collection of easy games that reinforce key word families that kids need to know.
- Beware the Ravens, Aunt Morbelia
- Todd Fearing and his best friend, Jeff, must protect an unwitting Aunt Morbelia during a trip to London and the Fearing estate, after a series of ominous events, sinister messages, and shady characters threatens the trio.
- The greatest idea ever
- Fourth grade is a time of turmoil for the irrepressible Gus, whose imaginative ideas constantly get him into trouble as he tries to train his new dog, organizes a school art show, and battles his enemy Nanny Vincent.
Born August 18, 1938
1960 - 1965