Postdoctoral fellow Massachusetts Communications Research Center, 1960-1961. Research associate Institute Communication Research, Stanford University, 1961-1964. Assistant professor Michigan State University, East Lansing, 1964-1966, associate professor, 1966-1971, professor department communication, 1971—2004, University Distinguished professor, 1990, chairman department, 1977-1984, professor telecommunication, 1975—2004, chairman department, 1984-1990.
Dean College Communications Arts Sciences, 2009. Visiting professor University Michigan, 2004, University Georgia, Athens, 1999, University California, Berkeley, 1992. Fellow Centers Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, 1999.
Senior fellow East-West Center, Communications Institute, Honolulu, 1978-1979, 81. Research fellow Indiana Broadcasting Authority, London, 1985-1986. Consultant President's Commission on Causes and Prevention Violence, 1968-1969, Surgeon General's Science Advisory Committee on television and Social Behavior, 1970-1972, 82.
- Mexican Americans and the Mass Media: (Communication and Information Science)
- This book reports in detail the procedures and findings of project CASA (Communication and Spanish-Speaking Americans)--the most comprehensive, programmatic esearch effort to focus on Mexican-Americans and mass media.
- Cableviewing (Communication and Information Sciences)
- This unique volume examines the process of cableviewing, the nature of cableviewers, and especially the viewing choice process.
- Desert Storm and the Mass Media (The Hampton Press Communication Series)
- This work looks at media involvement in the Gulf conflict from a domestic and international perspective.
- Media, Sex and the Adolescent (The Hampton Press Communication Series : Mass Communications and Journalism)
- Presents research on media sexual content and the adolescent response to that content.
Born August 3, 1934
1960 - 1961
1961 - 1964
1964 - 1966
- show more ...