Technical writer General Electric Company, Schenectedy, New York, 1966-1967. County editor Bennington Banner, Vermont, 1968-1969. Editor, public Vermont Sportsman, Bennington, 1969-1978.
Managing editor Backpacker magazine, 1981. Editor Fly Fisherman magazine, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, since 1979, public, since 1988. Editor-in-chief Country Journal magazine, 1986-1988.
- Backpacking Basics
- A guide to backpacking, including information on preparing for the trip, keeping warm and dry, reading a compass and map, spending the night on the trail, and conserving resources.
- Striper Pursuit: Surf Fishing Beyond the Basics
- From the quiet back bays to the pounding surf, fishing writer and videographer, John Skinner, takes the reader along on a relentless pursuit of striped bass from the shore.
- Nymph Fishing Basics plus Advanced Nymph Fishing (4 Hour Tutorial DVD)
- THREE Tutorial DVD set; running time 243 minutes (4 hours!).
Born October 28, 1938
1966 - 1967
1968 - 1969
1969 - 1978
1986 - 1988