- Member staff Baltimore Sun, 1962-1981, 83-99, Sunday Sun book review editor, 1967-1969, Sunday Sun restaurant critic, 1971-1981, 84-86, Sun art critic, 1983-1984, 86-99.
- Mount Vernon Place (MD) (Images of America)
- Long cherished as the cultural heart of Baltimore, Mount Vernon Place arose in the wake of a contested idea: the construction of America's first freestanding monument to George Washington.
- Look Again in Baltimore
- A marriage of photography and criticism, this elegant volume celebrates details of Baltimore's fine architectural heritage and explores both familiar and unnoticed places.
- A Guide to Baltimore Architecture
- From 18th century mansions to urban high-rise, this book chronicles two hundred years of architectural history.
- Fante/Mencken: John Fante and H.L. Mencken: A Personal Correspondence, 1930-1952
- In 1979 John Fante told an interviewer, "I would have done anything to get the praise of H.
Born December 17, 1938