Party affiliation: Republican
James Daniel Ott, American journalist, educator. Named Aerospace Journalist of Year, Royal Aeronautical Society London, 2002. Member advisory board The Messenger, since 1999. With United States Army Reserve, 1956-1963. Member Society Aerospace Communicators, Cathedral Foundation (board directors since 1997).
- Reporter Cincinnati Enquirer, 1959-1965, Kentucky editor, 1965-1969. Public relations director Thomas More College, Crestview Hills, Kentucky, 1969-1974, Catholic University American, Washington, 1974-1978. Transport editor Aviation Week and Space Technology, 1978-1984, senior transport editor, 1984-1994, contributing editor Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, since 1994.
- Jets: Airliners of the Golden Age
- The ultimate book on jet airliners! Beginning with the Comet and ending with the Airbus Industrie A340, Jets covers the worlds commercial jet aircraft and tells the stories of the test pilots, cockpit crews, technicians and airline managers who have been involved with them.
- Airline Odyssey
- Two long-time airline watchers - a journalist and an industry analyst - here join forces to provide a portrait of an industry in flux.
- Seekers of the Everlasting Kingdom: A Brief History of the Diocese of Covington
- A history of the Diocese of Covington, Kentucky in honor of its 150th anniversary celebration.
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Born March 24, 1938
1959 - 1965
1965 - 1969
1969 - 1974
1974 - 1978