- Teaching assistant University Oklahoma, Norman, 1998—2004. Associate professor English & multicultural ism University Nebraska, Kearney, since 2004. Conference co-chair South Asian Literature Association, Philadelphia, 2006.
- Islam, Women and Violence in Kashmir: Between India and Pakistan
- You will come to clearly understand through Nyla Khan's instructive style that a journey into Kashmir symbolizes a strange exaltation that is an undefinable quest but, like a torrential rainstorm, both cleansing and destructive.
- Islam, Women, and Violence in Kashmir: Between India and Pakistan (Comparative Feminist Studies)
- Since 1989, religious fundamentalism and exclusionary nationalism in Jammu and Kashmir have generated political and social turmoil and eroded the ethos and culture of Kashmir.
- Islam, Women, and Violence in Kashmir: Between India and Pakistan (Comparative Feminist Studies) by Khan, Nyla Ali (2010) Hardcover