C.L.E. Moore instructor Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1959—1961. Assistant professor New Mexico State University, 1961—1963, associate professor mathematics, 1963—1965, University California, Irvine, 1965—1967, professor mathematics, 1967—1977, professor finance, 1977—1982, regents lecturer, 1992—1993. General partner Edward O. Thorp & Associates, LP, Newport Beach, since 1989.
Visiting professor University of California at Los Angeles, 1991. Chairman Oakley Sutton Management Corporation, Newport Beach, California, 1972-1991. Managing general partner Princeton/Newport Partners, Newport Beach, 1969-1991, OSM Partners, MIDAS Advisors, Newport Beach, 1986-1989.
General partner Ridgeline Partners, Newport Beach, 1994-2002. Portfolio manager, consultant Glenwood Investment Corporation, Chicago, 1992-1994. Principal, consultant Grosvenor Capital Management, Chicago, 1992-1993.
President Noesis Corporation, 1994-2002, UCI Foundation Board, since 2004.
- The Mathematics of Games And Gambling: Second Edition. The Anneli Lax New Mathematical Library
- The first edition of this book was reprinted eight times! This book introduces and develops some of the important and beautiful elementary mathematics needed for rational analysis of various gambling and game activities.
- [ Beat the Dealer: A Winning Strategy for the Game of Twenty-One By Thorp, Edward ( Author ) Paperback 1966 ]
- Beat the Dealer: A Winning Strategy for the Game of Twenty-One [ Beat the Dealer: A Winning Strategy for the Game of Twenty-One by Thorp, Edward ( Author ) Paperback Apr- 1966 ] Paperback Apr- 12- 1966
- Radically Elementary Probability Theory. (AM-117)
- Using only the very elementary framework of finite probability spaces, this book treats a number of topics in the modern theory of stochastic processes.
- The Mathematics of Games and Gambling (Mathematical Association of America Textbooks)
- You can't lose with this MAA Book Prize winner if you want to see how mathematics can be used to analyze games of chance and skill.
1959 - 1961
1965 - 1967
- show more ...