Research professor department foreign area studies American University, Washington, 1980—1986. Country risk analyst Business Environment Risk Information, S.A., 1983—1988. Fulbright guest lecturer University Ryukyus, Nishihara, Japan, 1988—1989, associate professor Japan, 1989—1994, professor Japan, 1994—1995, Meio University, Nago City, since 1995.
Guest professor University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1995.
- The Disorder in Order: Army State in Burma Since 1962
- The book examines Burma's history of "regime entropy" following the March 1962 coup d'état which ended the country's brief experiment with parliamentary government.
- Historical Dictionary of Burma (Myanmar) (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
- Burma (Myanmar) is a country in crisis, and a political resolution to its problems of national unity seems unlikely to occur in the near future.
- Burma and Japan Since 1940: From "Co-prosperity" to "Quiet Dialogue" (Nordic Institute of Asian Studies Monograph)
- Modern Myanmar/Burma is very much a creation of World War II, when the British colony was occupied by the Japanese, and its immediate aftermath.
1980 - 1986
1983 - 1988
1988 - 1989
- show more ...