Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University Illinois, 1953. Master of Arts in Mathematics-Statistics, University Illinois, 1954. Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics, University Illinois, 1959.
Technology (honorary), Linköping University, 1984. Doctorate (honorary), University Grenoble, 1986. Doctorate (honorary), University Waterloo, 1987.
Doctorate (honorary), University Dundee, 1987. Degree (honorary), University Waterloo, 1987. Doctorate (honorary), University Illinois, 1991.
Doctorate (honorary), Katholieke University Leuven, Belgium, 1992.
- Associate professor Stanford University, 1966-1970, professor, 1962—2007, Fletcher Jones professor computer science, 1991—2007, chairman department computer science, 1980-1984, director science computing/computational mathematics. Founder NA-net; member advisory committee on computer science National Science Foundation, 1982-1984.
- Vital Information and Review Questions for the NCE, CPCE and State Counseling Exams: Special 15th Anniversary Edition
- This new edition of Vital Information and Review Questions for the NCE, CPCE and State Counseling Exams sticks to the successful structure of the previous versions, each of which has demonstrated to be a valuable resource for anyone preparing for these difficult exams.
- Scientific Computing and Differential Equations: An Introduction to Numerical Methods
- Scientific Computing and Differential Equations: An Introduction to Numerical Methods, is an excellent complement to Introduction to Numerical Methods by Ortega and Poole.
- Scientific Computing: An Introduction with Parallel Computing
- This book introduces the basic concepts of parallel and vector computing in the context of an introduction to numerical methods.
Fellow American Association for the Advancement of Science (honorary). Member National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, American Academy Arts & Sciences, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (member council 1975-1977, trustee 1982-2007, president 1985-1987, visiting lecturer 1976-1977, founder, editor Journal Science and Statistical Computing 1980), United States National Committee for Mathematics Royal Swedish Academy Engineering Sciences.
Born February 29, 1932
- show more ...