Field sales manager Wear Ever Aluminum, Chilicothe, Ohio, 1973-1976. President Kurlan Music Center, Inc., Worcester, 1976-1985. Vice president Objective Management Group Inc., since 1990.
President David Kurlan & Associates, Inc. Southboro, Massachusetts, since 1985. Speaker conference division Inc Magazine, Boston, 1991-1994.
Consultant Fortune 1000 companies, since 1986. Sales and manager trainer/coach, since 1985.
- The Utopia of Rules: On Technology, Stupidity, and the Secret Joys of Bureaucracy
- From the author of the international bestseller Debt: The First 5,000 Years comes a revelatory account of the way bureaucracy rules our lives Where does the desire for endless rules, regulations, and bureaucracy come from? How did we come to spend so much of our time filling out forms? And is it really a cipher for state violence? To answer these questions, the anthropologist David Graeber—one of our most important and provocative thinkers—traces the peculiar and unexpected ways we relate to bureaucracy today, and reveals how it shapes our lives in ways we may not even notice…though he also suggests that there may be something perversely appealing—even romantic—about bureaucracy.
- Seven Days in Utopia
- NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE starring Robert Duvall and Lucas Black This book is about influence and inspiration and a deeper, more profound way of looking at life.
- Mindless Selling
- Kurlan examines why most sales books don't work for those who read them, and ways to change pre-conceived notions about selling.
- Tinkering toward Utopia: A Century of Public School Reform
- For over a century, Americans have translated their cultural anxieties and hopes into dramatic demands for educational reform.