Party affiliation: Democrat
Bruce McPherson Beehler, American research zoologist, ornithologist, conservationist. Co-discoverer with John P. Dumbacher of toxicity in the Pitohui, a genus of bird that uses as a chemical defense the alkaloid homobatrachotoxin. Thomas J. Watson Foundation fellow, 1974; research grantee National Geography Society, 1980, 86, 89, 94, New York Zoological Society, 1986. Fellow American Ornithologists Union (elective).
Scientific assistant to secretary Smithsonian Institution, Washington, 1981-1984, science assistant to secretary emeritus, 1984-1988, zoologist, 1988-1991. Associate research zoologist New York Zoological Society, 1991-1993. Senior ecologist Conservation International, 1993-1995.
Natural resource management officer United States Department State, Washington, 1995-1997. Director environmental conservation Counterpart International, 1997-1999, vice president environmental and national resources, 1999-2001. Senior representative Conservation International, 2001—2002, senior director Melanesia, 2002—2003, vice president Melanesia, 2003—2006, vice president Pacific, 2006—2008, senior research scientist, 2008—2010, senior director biodiv. assessment, since 2010.
Leader expeditions to Papua New Guinea, 1975-1976, 78-84, 86-87, 89, 91-93, 2005-2009, to India, 1983, 85-86, 88. Research associate department vertebrate zoology National Museum Natural History, since 1985.
- The Lost Letters of Pergamum: A Story from the New Testament World
- Transported two thousand years into the past, readers are introduced to Antipas, a Roman civic leader who has encountered the writings of the biblical author Luke.
- The Ecology of Papua: Part Two
- Ecology of Papua Part II is a definitive guide to the ecology and natural history of Papua, the western half of the island of New Guinea.
- The Ecology of Papua: Part One
- Ecology of Papua Part I is a definitive guide to the ecology and natural history of Papua, the western half of the island of New Guinea.
1981 - 1984
1988 - 1991
1991 - 1993
1993 - 1995
1995 - 1997
- show more ...