- Research assistant University Berlin, 1965—1968, lecturer, 1968—1969, 1973—1990, professor for translation theory, since 1990, vice dean of faculty, 1991—1993, head of Institute, 1998—2003. Visiting professor University Saarbrucken, Germany, 1991.
- Language Processing in Discourse: A Key to Felicitous Translation (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics)
- This book argues that language systems determine language use to a greater extent than is generally assumed.
- Epistemic meaning (Springer series in language and communication)
- This volume is a revised and extended edition of Epistemische Bedeutung (Doherty 1985).
- [(Language Processing in Discourse: A Key to Felicitous Translation)] [Author: Monika Doherty] published on (July, 2002)
1991 - 1993