Heinrich Gottfried Werner Begehr, German mathematician, educator. Achievements include research in complex methods in partial differential equations. Fulbright travel grantee, 1982-1983, 92-93. Member Berlin Mathematics Society (chairman 1984-1988, 92-96, vice chairman 1988-1990, 96-2000, secretary 1990-1992, 2000-2007), ISAAC (secretary 1996-2001, president 2001-2005, secretary since 2005).
- From assistant to associate Freie University, Berlin, 1966—1970, associate professor, 1970—2004, director I. Mathematics Institute. Lecturer in field; honorary professor L.M. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, Astana, 2005. Second lieutenant Artillery German Army, 1959-1960.
- An Introduction to Several Complex Variables and Partial Differential Equations (Hardcover)
- This work includes introductory materials on complex analysis of several variables and material on analytic theory of partial differential equations, as well as on nonanalytic boundary value problems for systems of partial differential equations of elliptic type.
- Nonlinear Elliptic Boundary Value Problems and Their Applications (Monographs and Surveys in Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- This text uses complex and functional analytic methods to treat boundary value problems for non-linear equations and systems of first and higher order in multiply-connected plane domains.
- Complex Analytic Methods for Partial Differential Equations: An Introductory Text
- This is an introductory text for beginners who have a basic knowledge in complex analysis, functional analysis and partial differential equations.
- Progress in Analysis: Proceedings of the 3rd International Isaac Congress, Berlin, Germany, 20-25 August 2001. Volumes I & II.
- The biannual ISAAC congresses provide information about recent progress in the whole area of analysis including applications and computation.
1966 - 1970