- Assistant University Halle, 1960-1983. Professor biochemistry University Tübingen, Germany, since 1986.
- The German Democratic Republic (Studies in European History)
- A clear, concise and thought-provoking introduction to the history of East Germany - its development and downfall - which engages.
- The German Democratic Republic (Studies in European History) by Dr Peter Grieder (2-Nov-2012) Paperback
- Author: Tissue Proteinases, 1971, History of German Democratic Republic, 1994, Seven Brothers on a Flying Turtle, 2005. Editor: Intracellular Protein Catabolism, 1974, We are the people?, 2001, The Laboratorium in the Kitchen of Castle Hohentuebingen, 2009. Contributor articles to professional journals.