Wolfgang Wildgen, German linguist, educator. Recipient prize of Strasbourg, Stiftung FVS, 1963, prize for culture in Eastern Bavaria, Regensburg. Member of German Association Semiotics, Society Linguistica Europea, Association Applied Linguistics, German Association Linguistics (director, member advisory board 1981-1983, treasurer 1981-1982).
- Process, Image, and Meaning: A realistic model of the meaning of sentences and narrative texts (Pragmatics & Beyond New Series)
- The general topic of this book is the development of a “realistic” model of meaning; it has to account for the ecological basis of meaning in perception, action, and interaction, and is realistic in the sense of “scientific realism”, i.
- The Evolution of Human Language: Scenarios, principles, and cultural dynamics (Advances in Consciousness Research)
- Wolfgang Wildgen presents three perspectives on the evolution of language as a key element in the evolution of mankind in terms of the development of human symbol use.
- The Evolution of Human Language: Scenarios, principles, and cultural dynamics (Advances in Consciousness Research) by Wildgen, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang (2004) Hardcover
- Author: 7 books in German, 3 in English, 1 in French, Catastrophe Theoretical Semantics, 1982, Process, Image and Meaning, 1994, Evolution of Human Language, 2004, The "Cosmic" Memory (Giordano Bruno) (in German), 1998, From Grammar to Discourse (in French), 1999. Contributor chapters to books, articles to professional journals.