Studied under the direction of Anne Marshfield Sullivan Macy, her teacher and companion, 1887—1936. AB cum laude, Radcliffe College, 1904. Doctor of Humane Letters (honorary), Temple University, 1931.
Doctor of Laws (honorary), University Glasgow, Scotland, 1932. Doctor of Laws (honorary), University Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1951. Fellow (honorary), Educational Institute Scotland.
Doctor of Letters (honorary), University Delhi, 1955. Doctor of Medicine (honorary), Free University, Berlin, 1955. Doctor of Laws (honorary), Harvard University, 1955.
- Lecturer on behalf of blind throughout United States, Australia, Canada, Egypt, France, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Hashemite Kingdom of the Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Italy, Japan, Yugoslavia, Korea, Manchukuo, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Southern Rhodesia. Counselor on national and international relations American Foundation for Blind, Incorporated, New York York City. Also counselor on national and international relations American Foundation Overseas Blind, Inc.
- The World I Live in / Helen Keller
- Review "Roger Shattuck's striking new edition of The World I Live In, a sparkling work too long obscured, renews Helen Keller for all generations-for the steadfast admirers of her art, and particularly for readers not yet acquainted with the sightless genius who taught the world the majesty of her insight.
- The Story of My Life: The Restored Edition (Modern Library Classics)
- THE 100th YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION The Story of My Life, a remarkable account of overcoming the debilitating challenges of being both deaf and blind, has become an international classic, making Helen Keller one of the most well-known, inspirational figures in history.
- Optimism Within
- Rendered deaf and blind by scarlet fever at the age of a year and a half, Helen Keller, with the help of Anne Sullivan, other teachers, and her own determination, learned to read, write, and speak several languages.
- THE STORY OF MY LIFE and THE WORLD I LIVE IN (Classic Biography Series)
- Helen Keller’s autobiographies THE STORY OF MY LIFE and THE WORLD I LIVE IN chronicle in her own words the remarkable true story we have come to know from the stage and film productions of THE MIRACLE WORKER.
Born June 27, 1880
- show more ...