- Junior lecturer University Munich, 1963-1974. Professor English literature University Cologne, since 1975.
- The Rise of the English Street Ballad 1550-1650 (European Studies in English Literature)
- Originally published in German in 1981, and first published in English as this Cambridge edition in 1990, Natascha Würzbach's study of the street ballad was the first to investigate a specific genre of popular literature which had previously been vastly neglected.
- The Novel in Letters: Epistolary Fiction in the Early English Novel
- The epistolary tale played an important part in the development of the novel, especially of the psychological narrative.
- Novel in Letters: Epistolary Fiction in the Early English Novel 1678-1740
- literary criticism.