Gerhard Martin Sessler, German communications technology educator. Achievements include patents in field. Co-recipient Benjamin Franklin medal in Electrical Engineering, Franklin Institute, 2010; named to National Inventors Hall of Fame, Akron, Ohio, 1999; recipient Callinan award, Electrochm. Society, 1970, Helmholtz-Rayleigh Interdisciplinary Silver medal, Acoustical Society of America, 1997, Eduard Rhein Foundation Technical award, 2007.
- Member technical staff Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, New Jersey, 1959-1965, supervisor, 1965-1975. Professor electroacoustics, Institute for Communications Technology Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany, 1975—2000, professor emeritus, dean department electrical communications Germany, 1976-1977, 89-90.
- Electrets [3rd Edition] (in Two Volumes): Volume 1
- The field of electrets has developed rapidly with an increasing number of new materials, methods for investigating charge-storage phenomena, and the development of creative and exciting applications.
- Visualization Toolkit: An Object-Oriented Approach to 3D Graphics, 4th Edition
- The theory and practice of visualization using the VTK Visualization Toolkit software.
Fellow: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (Senior award 1971, Thomas W. Dakin award 1986), German Acoustical Society (Helmholtz medal 1983). Member: Heidelberg Academy of Sciences, Nachrichtentechnische Gesellschaft, German Physical Society, Dielectrics Society, Acoustical Society of America.
1959 - 1965
1965 - 1975